Getting married in the BVI means your marriage license includes the phrase, “On Her Majesty’s Service.” Marriages in the BVI are recognized the world over. Check with your local government’s marriage-licensing agency if you don’t believe us!
Unless you’re a “belonger,” marriage on the island of Tortola requires taking care of a few legal matters, but it’s certainly worth the experience when the last witness signs the license at the end of the ceremony. You’ll have quite a story to tell your envious friends forever after. Myette’s can help you through the process, as well as provide video services to capture the event, and a beautiful beachfront setting for the ceremony. After the rings are firmly in place on the newleyweds, enjoy dinner and refreshments just steps away from the sandy “altar.” Myett’s is the perfect place to celebrate, with family and friends, the beginning of your life together!
An official from the Registrar’s Office performs the ceremony and can be scheduled to meet you on the beach at Myett’s. A BVI civil ceremony lasts about 15 minutes, unless the bride and groom exchange statements or readings. Instead of a civil ceremony, you can arrange for a minister of your religious choice to marry you if you wish. Note that not all religions allow marriages outside the physical church building, and often never administered by anyone other than a minister of the religion. Check with your local religion’s doctrines regarding outdoor weddings. Keep in mind that a civil ceremony on the beach in Cane Garden Bay results in a perfectly legal marriage.
Tying the knot in the British Virgin Islands is a totally relaxing experience in a place where life moves at a comfortable pace and the emphasis is on romance!
The first step is to contact the Registrar’s office to arrange for a Registrar of Marriages to prebook the ceremony. You can find the rules & regulations at the BVI Tourist Board’s website (Rules & Requirements). It is your responsibility to make these arrangements with the registrar’s office directly. The entire process is quite simple. In addition to the registrar, there are civil marriage officers and ministers of various religions who are also available to conduct the ceremony. Let us know if you would like to be put in contact with any of these alternatives.
We are delighted and dedicated to helping you plan your perfect paradise wedding ceremony, celebration, and memories that will last a lifetime. You can choose from several of our packages or we can customize a wedding package for you. Let us know what kind of service and party you are thinking about and we will give you a quote.
Reviewed December 11, 2013
We got married in the BVI in November and had quite the flotilla of 10 catamarans. My fiancé and I chose Myetts (not many venues can accommodate 70+ people). We had the best time! The cruise ship was in that day so there were a few tourists hanging around, but Myett’s kindly set aside space for our guests and did a nice job setting up the tables and arrangements. They cleared all the sun chairs and umbrellas off the beach and made an “aisle”. The food was awesome and the music they arranged worked for our crowd. The staff was terrific and handled our rum-filled crowd graciously..”
Here is an ‘example’ of some of the ‘set up’ fees.
Price will vary according to your needs:
Other miscellaneous charges you might want to consider are:
- Fresh Local Flowers Brides Bouquet $65.00, Bridesmaid $55.00, Boutonnière $15.00
- Simple Pina-Colada Coconut Wedding Cake with service for 12. $Call
- You can book the entire restaurant for a fee of $5,000.00 to be totally private. We will close to the public.
- Depending on the group size we can do a dinner set up on the beach with tiki torches and a romantic setting (instead of inside the restaurant). This gives you a private beach reception. Add $500.00 to the Gold Wedding Package.
- Choose from our special appetizer list if you would like to do a beach set up after the ceremony.
- Choose a few meal choices for a customized menu. We can print a special menu without prices (included in the set up fee). If you have something special in mind that you would like us to prepare other than what is listed on the menu, just ask and we can give you other choices and a quote. We have a talented chef that can create whatever your desire.
- Open bar the entire reception or for a limited time frame. You can pick and choose what you want us to serve your guests. For instance.you may ask us to just serve the well drinks, beer, and wine. Or maybe you just want us to serve Pina Colada’s. It is totally up to you.
- Wine Service during dinner. You choose what wines or champagnes you would like us to serve.
- Some couples give out drink tickets and when they are done the guests pay themselves. Some select wine to serve with dinner. There are lots of options.